Well, Valentine's Day came and went and it was a pretty good day overall. Robert wasn't home this year for Valentine's Day as certain circumstances with his dad kept him busy...I think this may be the first year since we have been married that he hasn't walked in the door at sometime on Valentine's Day so that was a little sad, but we overcame it and celebrated anyway!


My three kids are so precious and they get tickled at the littlest things which brings me great happiness...I went out and got them some small gifts of candy like I usually do from Robert and I and then this year instead of the breakfast table being decorated with special plates and such, I did it at dinner! We had a good time! Our daughter, Zoe made each one of us a very special homemade valentine and our daughter, Makenzie gave us store bought valentines...both very much appreciated by all. Our son told us jokes off his valentines that he got at school yesterday. Makenzie stayed home sick yesterday, but she still participated in the festivities last night even though she was tired...bless her heart!

It was weird not celebrating with my husband or being able to give him that special valentine kiss that makes your heart skip a beat...we all missed him a lot! We decided to try and include him some way in our fun so we set a place setting at the table for him and still put his valentine by his plate! He'll get all his gifts when he comes home.
Made a delicious meal, at least that's what the kids told me...oh, I enjoyed it too! We had homemade lasagna, string green beans, and fresh Italian bread. For dessert we had some strawberry cake with pink icing! Delicious!!!
So, we had a great night together minus our #1 man. I was so reminded last night after all the clean up was done and the kids were in bed of my GREAT Valentine, Jesus Christ! He died for me and what a great sacrifice that was, I couldn't have asked for a greater love. I am so thankful that he loves me unconditionally and he continually bestows grace and mercy on me no matter what the sins are...thank you Jesus, for your love! 2011 will be a memorable Valentine's Day that's for sure, but it was also a day that reminded me of how blessed I am to be part of a heavenly Father's Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment