Happenings on my way to 100!





Monday, January 31, 2011

Wow, a lot is going on!

So sorry girls for not being on here much...feels like so much is going on right now!  I don't have a picture, but just wanted to post tonight as I feel alittle blah and writing on here makes me feel alittle better and closer to ya all!

We found out Saturday night that Robert's dad was taken to the hospital with what they thought was a stroke, but today we found out more.  He has a brain bleed that is from three tumors growing in the brain. This means that the melanoma cancer is now in the brain. :( 

Robert is upset, understandable so...the Dr's. didn't give us a good outlook...they are going to try and work with some physical therapists to see if this can stimulate anything to maybe give him some mobility again...he can't swallow, talk, move his left leg and has very little movement of his right arm.  If this doesn't work, they will just keep him comfortable until the Lord decides to take him home. 

The praise in all of this is that my father-in-law does know the Lord and we know that this is not the end for all of us, it is just a "see ya later, Dad!"  It makes us all sad to think about it, but God is good all the time and is in control all the time. 

Please lift this concern up to the Lord for us...I feel like there is so much already going on that I have to get done that trying to get a family packed and ready to go at a moments notice to California seems even more daunting.  I know I need to keep focused on God's strength and help and not get anxious about all of it.  I wish I could pack each one of you up in my bags and take you with me...ya all help give me alittle rest and laughter amidst the storms! 

Anyway, it has been good to vent alittle and ask for your prayers.  I love each of you and am thinking about ya all tonight...you bring tears to my eyes when I think about you because you are each special to me. :)  Sleep tight, good night!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for all of you guys. If you need ANYTHING, please let me know. Even if it's just to take the Baxter 3 out of the house for a little while, I'm there. Love ya SO MUCH Norma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to drop the little ones here...in the event you can get a cheaper flight out...we are here. Keeping your family in our prayers and that Robert's pop stays comfortable and peaceful in this transition. Just keep looking to Christ to sustain you and this difficult journey will seem like a way to bring your relationship closer to Him. Love you all, send our hugs and everyday thoughts to your awesome husband and beautiful kids...

    G.

    ReplyDelete