April is here and halfway done already. April at our house is a big birthday month. Our son turned 12 this year, then my oldest daughter turned 16, yeah, 16! Wow!!! Then I just had a birthday and turned 43! A young 43, but 43 none the less.
I don't mind turning another year older, as I desire to live to be 100! So turning 43 only helps me get another year closer to my goal! It was a nice birthday, sunny and fairly warm for Michigan in April. My family was sweet and we had a relaxing night at home. Can't beat that.
As I reflect on my birthday though, I am reminded of how God has helped me grow in His word and love each year. I'm so very thankful that He has helped me grow despite circumstances around me, that don't always encourage me. He is refining me and making me into His masterpiece through everything I face throughout the years. I'm glad that He hasn't given up on me!
You know, I can't say I've taken everything that He has given me with great stride and happiness. I go kicking and screaming along the way, just like many people and sometimes maybe even like a child wanting his way. But God is so good! He still loves me and continues to walk with me despite my fits! Thanks, God! I'm glad that He is molding me and making me what He wants for me. I wouldn't want it any other way!
So, April has been good so far and a lot of growth is taking place inside and outside! We'll keep watching to see what blooms.
No comments:
Post a Comment