Just came off vacation which wasn't really a "vacation" by most people's terms. We enjoyed our home this year as we needed to stay here for my husband's recovery of gallbladder surgery. It was fine and we did get a little rest during it, however coming off of a vacation like that can still make one tired. Tired I guess, in the sense that you really don't get away from all the mondain things of life that a "vacation" affords.
Any who, we are back and running full speed. School started, kid's activities are in a fast running pace, church things happening, and so on... In the midst of it all, I have managed to get sick. Go figure where I found the time for that? Not the ordinary for me. It hasn't been a pleasant time of being sick, but what sickness is? I feel anxious during this one as it is such an unpredictable sickness that leaves me restless and wanting answers. It is requiring lots of medication that is making me irritable, frustrated, weepy and just plain miserable!
Last night as I was at my pinnacle of defeat, I sat down for my bible reading time and had a good cry. During that cry God showed me that I didn't need to anxious for anything! (Philippians 4:6-7) He told me that He has it covered and that all I need to do is pray and present my requests and petitions WITH thanksgiving and He will give me this peace that helps me understand all! Wow, that seems easy, right? Not for me, a person that has always been anxious, especially when it comes to sickness. That's the ordinary for me. Boy, did God bring me to my knees in total surrender to give up this anxious heart! Praise Him!!!!
I can't say I have it all figured out, I don't! I can't say that I have mastered it and wasn't even a little anxious today, I was! I can't say I won't have to come to Christ again and again and ask for forgiveness for picking up the anxious thoughts and mulling over them, I will! But I can say that God is so good at giving me that peace that He describes in Philippians. Without a doubt, I know He will continue to give me that peace, even in the sickness and pain and bothersome medication! For that, I praise His wonderful name!
It's going to get better. How do I know this? Because this isn't my home, I'm just passing through. And this, is not the ordinary.
AMEN!!!
ReplyDelete