Happenings on my way to 100!





Thursday, August 18, 2011

Go Away Satan!

So, it's been a tough week.  Not going to lie!  It started with my husband having to go in and have gallbladder surgery.

This is my husband before going back to surgery!


 I know, I know, everyone says that this is the easiest surgery to recover from.  Sure it is, but it still puts a strong man in need of some extra help from one that's use to seeing her strong man go, go, go and not need her help so much.  He's doing well. 

Then my mom called to tell me she was having a colonoscopy yesterday because of  blood found in the stool.  GREAT!  This comes on the heals of a double bypass surgery to her legs that happened earlier this summer.  I've spent a lot of time with her this summer in Indiana and now I am three hours away and can't do anything to help or be there because I need to be here for my husband, so I do one of the greatest things I can and PRAY!

This is my mom!

I got a call late last night saying everything went fine and there is nothing there and nothing to worry about!  Boy, did the Lord bring me to my knees in tears over his goodness to her and us.  She's doing well!

I was chosen to blog for The Women of Faith conference that is going to be happening in Indianapolis this weekend, I am uber excited, but because of above circumstances and other oddities I can't.  It was disappointing to have to cancel, but God has bigger plans!  No worries!

Isn't it funny how Satan wants me to worry and God says, " Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matt.6:34)  Each day does have enough trouble of its own and boy am I experiencing it!  I am thankful that God is in my corner and He will give me encouragement for each new day to combat those troubles.  Praise His name!!! 

So all this being said, I guess I just need to say one last thing, "GO AWAY SATAN! I'm busy listening to God today and waiting for Him to show me His mercies anew!"


1 comment: